Monday, December 3, 2012

Winter on the Mosquito river Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore


I hiked back to the Mosquito river believing the weathermen that the lake-effect snow was over , and that the wind direction was changing to a southerly flow. NOT so much. shortly after I reached the Mosquito falls and got some pics, it started snowing HEAVY. the narrow trail through the forest doesn't look the same with the pines bending over and your tracks you made coming in are quickly being covered up. There is a couple of intersections where you turn on that trail to Mosquito, and apparently some of this years deer hunters thought it was a good plan to use the trail signs for target practice .

Follow our Facebook page!

Visit our website

© Copyright 2012 John McCormick , All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is John McCormick I’m an avid Michigan / Great Lakes Landscape Photographer. I am a life long Michigan resident and have been into landscape photography for over 30 years. On my website Michigan Nut Photography I offer high quality Fine Art Prints for the home and office. Also available are canvas wraps, standouts, framed prints, mugs, glasses, magnets, and a variety of other gifts and merchandise all of which can be printed on with a photo of your choice in my galleries.