Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Big Sable Point Lighthouse - Ludington , Michigan

Via Flickr:
This Beautiful Lighthouse sits close to the shore of Lake Michigan's Ludington State Park. It's a two mile hike to see Big Sable, so bring a flashlight if you plan to see a sunset.  This Michigan Lighthouse is in a beautiful location tucked in along side Lake Michigan's rolling dunes.

I good tip if your planing to visit Big Sable for a photography shoot is to load your bicycle up and take it with you. Vehicles are not allowed and it is about a two mile hike.  The hike is great but if you stay late and shoot the sunset it's a pretty dark walk back

As always if you have any questions about visiting this Lighthouse or any other photography related
questions, just drop me a line jmphotography@casair.net

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time visit some the following links
The photo in this blog and all of my work can be purchase at my website Michigan Nut Photography as prints,canvas,mugs/glasses..etc..

also available for Royalty-free Stock Image Licensing. or personal use high resolution downloads

 Submit Photos to Shutterstock and make $$$! 


Camera settings for this shot
Camera - Nikon D700
Exposure - 1/10 sec
Aperture - f/11
Lens - Nikon 16-35mm
Focal Length - 22mm
ISO - 200
Filters - .9 rev nd
Tri-pod - Manfrotto 055XPROB

© Copyright 2010 John McCormick , All Rights Reserved.
My complete Michigan Lighthouse sideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is John McCormick I’m an avid Michigan / Great Lakes Landscape Photographer. I am a life long Michigan resident and have been into landscape photography for over 30 years. On my website Michigan Nut Photography I offer high quality Fine Art Prints for the home and office. Also available are canvas wraps, standouts, framed prints, mugs, glasses, magnets, and a variety of other gifts and merchandise all of which can be printed on with a photo of your choice in my galleries.