Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Snail Shell harbor" Fayette Historic Ghost Town, Garden peninsula, (6 photos)


Fayette, Michigan, the iron smelting ghost town of the 19th century. When I was editing the hotel pic I had it zoomed to 100% brushing off a sensor spot and I got goosebumps for a second from what looked like the face of a women in a window of the hotel. I was chatting with a local photographer the evening I took these pics and he was telling us about the ghost of a little girl he had seen two times, and how skeptical his friend was until he himself had witnessed it. Lots of interesting history to this place and lots of tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is John McCormick I’m an avid Michigan / Great Lakes Landscape Photographer. I am a life long Michigan resident and have been into landscape photography for over 30 years. On my website Michigan Nut Photography I offer high quality Fine Art Prints for the home and office. Also available are canvas wraps, standouts, framed prints, mugs, glasses, magnets, and a variety of other gifts and merchandise all of which can be printed on with a photo of your choice in my galleries.