Friday, July 8, 2011

"Spray Falls" Michigan's Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore

Spray Falls in my opinion is the most impressive of the waterfalls in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The 70' waterfall shoots over the cliffs at Pictured Rocks and lands directly in Lake Superior. It took my wife and I about three hours to hike to this lookout of the falls , we stopped a couple of times for a drink and to take other photos. T o get a great late evening shot of  Spray Falls , you would have to pack in and camp overnight because of the long trek back to the trail head. Here is a Map of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore from Michigan interactive.


Here is a wider angle capture of  Spray Falls taken on this same hike.

These and all of my work can be purchased at my website.
Any questions you might have about visiting this area or any photography related questions just drop me a line. jmphotography@casair.net


Submit Photos to Shutterstock and make $$$!




camera - Nikon D700
focal length - 262mm
Lens - Nikon 70-300mm
Exposure - 1/200 sec
Aperture - f/11mm
ISO Speed - 200
Quality - raw processed in capture NX2
Filter - cpl
Hand held

© Copyright 2011 John McCormick , All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, My name is John McCormick I’m an avid Michigan / Great Lakes Landscape Photographer. I am a life long Michigan resident and have been into landscape photography for over 30 years. On my website Michigan Nut Photography I offer high quality Fine Art Prints for the home and office. Also available are canvas wraps, standouts, framed prints, mugs, glasses, magnets, and a variety of other gifts and merchandise all of which can be printed on with a photo of your choice in my galleries.