Trail on Mackinac Island
If you want to get accepted as a contributor into microstock sites like shutterstock you have to submit 10 photos for review and 7 of them have to pass.
Some tips for getting accepted are:
- Noise Make sure there isn't a lot of noise in your photos. Shooting with a low ISO will help, also images can also be improved with noise reduction software. Use a tripod when you can. Remove sensor artifacts on your images caused from a dirty sensor. Zoom in to 100% to remove them.
- Sharpness Make sure you check for good focus and sharpness .
- Variety of subjects When sending images for review send them a variety of subjects , don't send them four similar images of the same subject at different angles for example.
- Keywords use relevant keywords when submitting and a good number of them . Use keywording tools like this one
- Discriptions type appropriate descriptions but not to lengthy.
- Don't give up If you don't get accepted , try a different set of photos and improve your skill.
Submit Photos to Shutterstock and make $$$!
The photo in this blog and all of my work can be purchase at my website Michigan Nut Photography as prints,canvas,mugs/glasses..etc..